Do I Need a Visa to Enter in Dubai?
To know whether you require a visa in order to enter in UAE, is depends on your Citizenship. Although Visa and Passport are basic and essential documents. Dubai the queen of the Middle East is a major tourist hub with mesmerizing view of the Arabian Ocean and its towering shoreline boasting of few of the world’s most magnificent architectural wonder. The city is all about shopping luxury brands, soaking in the sun and absorbing breathtaking views of the Gulf. People across the globe, travel to this rich land for both leisure and work. While some countries have the lead of visa on arrival, a few others need to apply for a visa quite in advance in order to enter the Dubai land.
List of countries who do not need Dubai visa:
Hong Kong, China
People’s Republic of China
United States of America
List of countries who need Dubai visa:
Bosnia and herzegovina
Here are a few specifications to know whether individual require a Visa or not, make sure to read the detail for the following countries:
- India: Until recently visa on arrival was not an option for Indians. The UAE is now loosening stringent rules on Indians and making ways easier for Indians to travel hassle free. The new regulation however allows Indians with a valid passport and a US Visa or US Green Card only the privilege of visa on arrival to Dubai. This was implemented as a result of a huge influx of Indians to the Bedouin land. This tourist visa is valid for 14 days stay with allowance of single extension. Normal visas are issued against a valid Emirate air ticket and hotel booking in Dubai along with a passport valid at least for 6 months. The 30 days single entry visa is best suited for tourists and has a validity of 58 days from the date of issue.
- China: The UAE has eased its visa rules for the Chinese nationals as more and more Chinese citizen flock to Dubai every year. Now visa on arrival is open for the Chinese and only needs a valid Chinese passport for the traveler. The visa is valid for 90 days from issue and is extendable. The passport should have a validity of at least 6 months.
- Australia: A 30 day single entry tourist visa is available to all Australian citizens holding a normal passport with at least 6 months validity. No prior arrangements are required for a visa for entering Dubai. A choice of 14 days, 30 days and 60 days normal tourist and emergency tourist visa are available to Australians valid for 58 days from the date of issue. For emergency visa reissue is possible only after 30 days from exit date. Other tourist visas are extendable once. Diplomats and officials need to have a visa prior to visit.
- Singapore: Visa on arrival has been announced for all Singapore citizens with a valid passport. The passport will be stamped on arrival at the Dubai International airport at the Immigration Office at no extra cost.
- Sri Lanka: A visa prior to visit is required by Sri Lankans for entering Dubai. Visas vary from 96 hours, 14 days, 30 days and 90 days. Normal and express visas are available depending on the purpose along with single and multiple entries. A passport valid for at least 6 months is required for applying along with Emirates air ticket to and fro.
- UK: UK citizens have the advantage of visa on arrival. The passport valid not less than 6 months gets stamped at the airport itself for 30 days. Single entry is allowed on this visa which can be extended at an extra cost.
- US: A US passport valid for next six months is the only thing the US citizens need in order to enter Dubai. This holds well only if the visit is less than a month. Officials and Diplomats need a visa prior to entering Dubai for official purpose.
- Canada: Canadians also are lucky enough to get entry into this amazing Dubai land without a prior visa. Visa on arrival is available to Canadian tourists and is easy enough to procure at the Immigration desk in the Dubai International airport. Only a valid Canadian passport is required for the visa.
Now that we have covered the visa requirements for major countries it is better to a brief overview about the general visa rules. The UAE is a religious and a stringent country with rigid rules for both its citizens as well as its visitors. Any violation from their norm can result in heavy penalty and imprisonment which is non-available for visitors.
- It is to be noted that individuals have X marked on their passport in the gender column will not be allowed into the country of UAE.
- Also individuals with a criminal background may not be allowed to visit the country.
- Items like poppy seeds, alcohols, drugs, weapons and replica of weapons, pork products and pornographic materials are strictly prohibited into the country and visa maybe rejected if one is found to possess any of the above and might face legal issues.
For more details it is wise to consult the UAE Embassy for details and rules followed in the country. Travel safe, travel happy!